The organiser of the in-cosmetics Asia trade show in Bangkok next month has revealed the shortlists for the 2022 Innovation Zone Awards.
Twenty ingredients have been shortlisted in total, ten for the Innovation Zone Best Active Ingredient and a further ten for the Innovation Zone Best Functional Ingredient.
Shortlisted in the active ingredient category are:
- Caressense biofunctional by Ashland
- Postbiolift by BASF
- DST-DX by Cellicon Lab
- CutiGuard CLR by CLR Berlin
- Sederma BB-BIONT by Croda Singapore
- Vitamin B12 Cryst by DSM Personal Care
- Rootness Awake by Clariant
- NovoRetin by Mibelle Biochemistry
- Myramaze Essence by Rahn
- Elaya Renova - the Hair Tensegrist by Vytrus Biotech
Shortlisted in the functional ingredient category are:
- Antaron Soja Glyceride by Ashland
- Z-COTE Sheer by BASF
- SeaBalance 2000 by Carbonwave
- Tegosoft LO MB by Evonik
- Isonaturane 12 by Global Bioenergies
- SolaPure Glo by Hallstar
- Vitacel CS 30 Oat by J. Rettenmaier & Söhne
- Dekamulen Power'Feel by Jan Dekker exclusively at IMCD
- HY-N Solution by Nabsolute
- Sharomix 699 by Sharon Laboratories
Fellow judges of this year’s Awards include: Dr. Oliver Hofmann, in-cosmetics Asia 2022 Official Technical Advisor and Technical Director, Shieling Laboratories; Dr. Awanthi De Silva, NPD Lead (Senior Chemist), Moorebank aerosol fillers; John Jimenez, Senior Researcher, Belcorp; Kilala Tilaar, CEO, Martha Tilaar Group; Muriel Pujos, Technical and Scientific Director, Skincare, Coty Monaco; Pi Hyun Jung, aka Director Pi, The Phi Essential; Ranelle Anderson, Technical Director and Co-Founder, Ausmetix Pty Ltd; Seongmin (Mike) Sohn, CEO & Representative Consultant, REACH24H Consulting Group, Korea; and Stacey Fraser, Co-Founder, Products Director, Sage Collective.
Meanwhile, more than 30 entries will be displayed in this year’s Spotlight On feature and considered for the Spotlight On Formulation Award. Spotlight On is dedicated to product displays and will focus on formulated ingredients related to this year’s chosen product categories: Healthy Skin and Makeup.
The winners will be announced on Wednesday 2 November at 17:15 live at the show as it returns to the Bangkok International Trade & Exhibition Centre.