The Society of Cosmetic Chemists (SCC) has announced the winners of the 2023 awards to be presented during its December annual scientific meeting in New York.
The awards recognise innovation, cutting-edge research and advancements that SCC members contribute to the cosmetic sciences.
The full list of winners is as follows.
- Green Star award, sponsored by Colonial Chemical: Alexis Forbes-Moorehead (Divinity Cosmetic Labs) - Eco Botanical Hair Conditioner Pod
- Young Scientist award, sponsored by Surfatech: Allison Garlet (BASF) - Addressing Hyperpigmentation in Melanated Skin
- Hans A. Schaeffer award, sponsored by SCC: Paul Lawrence (Biocogent) - Reviving a More Than Century-Old Technology for Modern Skincare
- Shaw Mudge award, sponsored by The Mudge Family: Zhi Li (CACPA) - Livestreaming to Win: How Chinese Indie Beauty Brands Thrive with Their Marketing Innovations on Mobile Social Platforms
- SCC award, sponsored by Hallstar: Stellie Balthazard (Sensient Beauty) - How to Best Formulate Aesthetically Pleasing Mineral Sunscreen Products
- Alan B. & Jeanette Black award, sponsored by Presperse: Valerie Andre-Frei (BASF) - A New Generation of Sustainable Cosmetic Peptides Obtained by Yeast Fermentation
- Joseph P. Ciaudelli award, sponsored by Croda: Roger L. McMullen & Timothy W. Gillece (Ashland) - Enviromechanical Assessment of Fixative Hair Fiber Composite Films
- Des Goddard award, sponsored by SCC: Ella Christine Hudson (University of Sheffield, UK) - Untangling Hair: A Holistic Approach to Hair Damage by Linking Biological and Mechanical Datasets
“These winners join a long, prestigious list of accomplished professionals who have been recognized by their peers for their outstanding work in our industry,” said SCC chief executive Erica O’Grady.
The award winners will be celebrated at the 77th annual SCC meeting on 11-13 December at the Sheraton Times Square, New York City.