Courage + Khazaka electronic GmbH
Founded in 1986, by Mr. Wilfried Courage and Prof. h.c. Gabriel Khazaka, Courage + Khazaka electronic GmbH introduced the first scientific measurement tools to objectively quantify parameters on the skin. Until today we have always been the world market leader in this field. Nobody else offers such a complete range of measurement parameters. Even after more than 35 years, we are still a family-owned company and are dedicated to constantly developing new parameters for skin & hair. Every year, C+K products are delivered in more than 70 countries around the globe.
In general, C+K offers two ranges of products, the scientific skin testing systems and the instruments to determine the skin type for cosmetic consulting.
Use in the scientific field
The devices are worldwide used as standard equipment:
- in R&D departments of cosmetic/pharmaceutical/raw material companies to do efficacy testing and claim support. Due to their user-friendliness and reasonable prices the instruments are not only used by large international companies but also by smaller and medium sized cosmetic companies to test their products at each stage of the development.
- in independent CROs & testing laboratories
- in dermatological basic research
- occupational health has found that besides tests of other body organs and functions (e.g. lung, ears, eyes, etc.) measuring the skin is a useful way of predicting where the skin is at risk in the working environment and thus preventing skin diseases among workers. Using skin testing equipment also has an educational effect (to show the necessity of using skin care and protection products).
- Of course there are many other industries (e.g. food/food supplement industry, textile industry, etc.) and medical disciplines for basic research (e.g. gynecology, plastic surgery, burns and wound healing, veterinary medicine, ophthalmology, etc.) interested in the measurements of skin’s physiology.
This is only a selection of our various user groups.
Even in space skin physiological tests were performed with the C+K devices on board of the International Space Station (ISS).*
*Study by DermaTronnier, instruments verified for space by KayserThrede GmbH on behalf of the DLR space travel management
Advantages of the C+K Skin Measurement Systems:
- Leading scientists worldwide use the C+K devices as standard equipment. Hundreds of scientific studies performed with the C+K devices proof their quality.
- We offer a very complete range of measurement parameters. The probe systems are modular and thus can be easily adapted to meet your exact needs. Future probes can easily be added to the systems.
- The devices are all easy to handle, with a quick measurement time and very economical.
- The accuracy can be checked using easy check calibration sets for each probe.
- Convenient software allows transfer of all measurement data into data analysis for individual evaluations.
- We are constantly developing new measurement methods. We work in close relation with acknowledged scientists all over the world to investigate the need on the market and to get fresh ideas.
- We always offer a friendly and quick service. We serve our customers through a global network of reliable distributors.
Use for Skin Type Analysis and Cosmetic Recommendations
Based on our know-how we have developed special measuring equipment for skin testing to promote cosmetic products or treatments at the point of sale (retail area), in aesthetic salons or institutes. The devices vary from small handheld units and flexible battery operated devices to sophisticated combined models with easy to use software to determine the needs of the skin and to recommend products.
- Using skin testing devices with scientific background at the point of sale or in the salon or practice allow safe and credible cosmetic consultation with respect to the individual care products or treatments needed.
- The measurements can be done quickly and easily.
- The tests reinforce the competence of the consultant, distinguish from competition and the customers feel more secure with the products they buy.
- We have found from years of experience in this field that this service leads to a remarkable increase in sales of cosmetic products/treatments.
- With knowledge about their skin, consumers are inclined to buy a complete set of products (e.g. cleansing, day- and night care and additional care).
- The service of an individual recommendation binds the customer to a point of sale and makes her/him a regular customer.
- Therefore the devices are used all over the world by estheticians, dermatologists and leading cosmetic manufactures.
- C+K does not only offer a wide range of standard products in this field (from small battery operated units to multi probe & camera units with sophisticated software but is also specialized in making customized devices (hardware and software) to exactly meet your needs and match your brands. Talk to us about your needs.