The North American event for beauty ingredients, formulations, and delivery innovations, New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists (NYSCC) Suppliers’ Day, recently held a press reception in New York City to announce new educational programming and enhanced industry alliances.
The 40th Annual Suppliers’ Day will take place May 7-8, 2019, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York, NY.
New for Suppliers’ Day 2019
- “Fragrance: The Invisible Art,” an all-day, in-depth Fragrance Program, co-produced with the American Society of Perfumers featuring experts in perfume, scent, essential oils, consumer trends, and more.
- In partnership with CEW again, the “Supplier’s Award: Ingredients and Formulation,” will be announced in advance at Suppliers’ Day and then celebrated at the renowned, annual CEW Beauty Awards ceremony later in the month. Increasingly, the line between marketing and formulation is being challenged and blurred in product development and this award highlights how all the elements and departments—ingredients, formulation and final delivery—need to work together for successful product launches.
- Spotlight on the important topic of “Safety & Testing.” Suppliers’ Day will be collaborating with IKW, a leading European Association for German Cosmetic, Toiletry, Perfumery and Detergent, to create a programme that addresses important safety and lab testing topics in the industry today.
“We are excited about these new programs added to Suppliers’ Day. These initiatives reflect the very core of NYSCC—fostering education and advancing cosmetic chemistry,” said Cathy Piterski, Chair, NYSCC.
Additional announcements made at the press reception included:
- Suppliers’ Day 2019 has added an additional exhibit hall making it the largest event in the show’s history. This hall will also feature presentation theaters and an innovation hub that will experientially complement specific theater presentations.
- Renewed partnerships with more to come, including industry associations CEW, ICMAD, IFSCC, and Peclers Paris, a leader in global trends analysis.
- Enhanced student engagement with an expanded Future Chemists Workshop that will include college students from Florida, Illinois and other states across the country, as well as a segment for bench chemists who are new to the industry.
“The 2019 show is being designed to offer the most experiential event in cosmetics chemistry in North America. We are specifically showcasing programs and specialty areas that will immerse attendees in formulation while highlighting the milestones over four decades that have brought us to 2019!” said Sonia Dawson, Chair-elect, NYSCC.
More about Society of Cosmetic Chemists